STOP CHASING CLIENTS
Cold calling sucks. Stop it.
Last time I went to the grocery shop in a hungry state, I came home with tons
of unhealthy foods I would not buy in a state of calm rationality. I had my list done and available, and just ignored it.
So what are the alternatives?
1. Make a list of all the people who care about your product/service.
2. Segment them in four levels (casual audience, engaged audience, connected community, fans).
3. Call the two middle segments and really listen.
4. Go far beyond your comfort zone to find a solution to the main problems they told you.
6. Say no to all other shiny objects and opportunities, until this works.